Within the confines of this little cyber-world, you will encounter mind boggling facts (doubtful), side splitting humor (more doubtful), artifacts of great historical significance (we have a lot of old family photos to bore you with), and maybe you will even come across some genuine German/Canadian stuff

(Got your curiosity up, eh?!?)


Of the nine in this family, I am the Canadian. I am out numbered 9 to 1 by Americans. The odds are still in my favor. I am after all, "The Father." Join me on our wonderful journey.


"The Father"

GREAT PLACE TO ORDER QUALITY HERBS!

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

Sep 1, 2009

Campaign for Liberty Summit in Orlando

(We heard that comment from out there in cyberspace, "Finally...a post!" )
Well, things are getting somewhat back to "normal" after Mr. Gehard stole the show, so hopefully we'll be posting more and often!

On August 7th, G'addy sweetly picked 4 Dischers, 2 Stricklens, and 1 Amanda up and headed to Orlando with his Durango bursting at the seams to attend a very exciting event!

was holding a rally in Orlando, and not only were there going to be several inspiring speakers, but Dr. Ron Paul himself was to be there and speak!! :-D
So, we headed up and moved out. At the meeting, we met up with Jordan and Michael and had a grand ol' time...
A fair picture of the Middle Seat
An attempted photo of the back seat.
Sarah's attempt to photograph a large, dancing gorrila on the roof of a building.
She was sure he looked like RG....
Grace Griegohlnhiemer interviewing Mary Sticklnbagh about the oportunity to see Dr. Paul in person.
_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_
The meeting was awsome. There was a bit of an atmosphere that we didn't care for, but once the speakers started, it was great. There were a lot more folks attending than CfL expected, and by the time the meeting actually started there was standing room only - and not much of that!
_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_





Waiting.....and trying not to plug our ears. There was a very enthusiastic band happily playing and singing. We appreciate their effort....
And here we are again. (Yes this is the same picture, doctored up. :-P Modern technology is amazing, is it not?)
The boys.
G'daddy and Sarah
Unfortunately, that's as close to the good Doctor that we got. :'( But his speech was rousing!!
G'daddy with State Representative Scott Plakon and his wife.
The best picture we have of us with Congressman Alan Grayson.
(If you haven't watched the video of Congressman Grayson interrogating the Inspector General of the Fed, you need to see it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlxBeAvsB8)
*---- Jordan and Michael got to meet Dr. Paul!---*
_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_


After the meeting......we left.
As we were leaving, we saw this van. Of course, we had the intense desire for Dr. Paul to actually be in THAT van! So, with the fellow next to us looking at us like we were insane, I leaned out the window, and grabbed a few shots.
(We passed the van later, and Dr. Paul was not in it. Waaa...)
We went to Denny's after the meeting.
It was very good. :)
The Men
Us
(Don't you just love all the obvious explanatory comments??)
And this.......is a very odd picture of the ride home, compliments of our breaking camera.
Thank you, G'daddy for taking us!!!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad you got to go -- I know Granddaddy really enjoyed it and appreciates how much you all care about the future. Thanks for sharing the experience with us!

I would have loved to go along, but you know me -- ole Stay-at-Home Granny! I am glad Granddaddy has some willing companions for these kinds of things!

Love,
Grandmother

Whiddon Family said...

We heard about y'all's experience but now we get to see it in pictures! ;-) Umm.. Grace Griegohlnhiemer and Mary Sticklnbagh.. interesting names. Were on earth'd y'all get umm... those names.. that last names? ;-)
Haha! Y'all are hilarious about the bands. We know the feeling. ;-)
Too bad y'all didn't get to meet Ron Paul in person. :-( I'm sure y'all were dissapointed.

Thank y'all for posting!

Laney

Amanda McAuley said...

WOW! Y'all FINALLY posted!!! ;)
I had a great time and even learned a few things. :)
I could have definitely gone without their "music" but I guess we survived it...
Thanks for inviting me to tag along! :)

Love,
Mandy

The Miller Family said...

Uhhh, uhhh, uhhh. Did the Dischers post????

I know King Paul (and I don't mean Ron) takes up alot of time, but come on... there are 4 capable posters at the Discher enclave, surely one of them could post every now and then!

I guess I'd better stop griping and be thankful for the post y'all just made.

THANK YOU!!!

Love,
grumpy Aunt Katie

RM said...

Well I see poor Gracie still is stuck in the back seat. I have a feeling that the first time she ever rides in the front, (or middle for that matter) is when she is married. Well, glad to see y'all finally post. Wish I could have been there, it looked like an experience.

Deo Vindice.
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

RG

Pollock Family said...

It sure would've been nice if he would've won, instead with all the new czars in place, we're about to see some real change.

Keep your "canning supplies" dry ;)

Love y'all,
The P's

Country Cousins CDs available here!

Country Cousins CDs available here!
Free shipping

Our Stats


View My Stats

OUR AMAZON PICKS! SHOP THROUGH OUR LINK!