Within the confines of this little cyber-world, you will encounter mind boggling facts (doubtful), side splitting humor (more doubtful), artifacts of great historical significance (we have a lot of old family photos to bore you with), and maybe you will even come across some genuine German/Canadian stuff

(Got your curiosity up, eh?!?)


Of the nine in this family, I am the Canadian. I am out numbered 9 to 1 by Americans. The odds are still in my favor. I am after all, "The Father." Join me on our wonderful journey.


"The Father"

GREAT PLACE TO ORDER QUALITY HERBS!

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

Sep 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA JANE!

We interrupt this ...sloooow...posting of our Missouri trip to announce the birthday of our sweet baby girl!
Today, Emma Jane is 3 years old!
She was a happy baby!
The little darlin'
No lack of attention for this child
She loves her new baby brother!
A Dose of Emma Jane
March 2009:
Emma was sitting on the floor, legs straight out, with the funny papers on her lap, stretching all the way down, dangling down past her little toes. Every now and then, she would point at a frame, lift her face to the roof, laugh hilariously, and say “Dat’s Funny!!!" Eventually I asked if I could have the paper, and she said, with a shocked look on her face, “No! I have to find Popeye!!!!”
June, 2009:
An example of how swiftly Emma makes shifts between reality and her imagination… I walked into the girls’ room today, just as Emma came waddling out. She had on (Or was trying to keep on) a dress that was 4 sizes too large for her, so I wasn’t surprised when she enthusiastically informed me that they were playing a story! I said, “That’s rather obvious,” and began to attend to my business.
Emma apparently wasn’t finished telling me, for I hear this oddly un-sorrowful voice chirp, “Yes, and I crying!” Hearing no response from me, she began to sympathize with herself. “Oh! Why you crying?” She told herself her sob story, patted herself on the shoulder, apparently forgot* that she was ever supposed to be crying, and began to tell her doll in a deep Daddy voice the items she needed to fetch from the store.
*I say “apparently forgot,” for several minutes later, I saw her emerging from the restroom, where she had hijacked 2 wash cloths. One was draped somberly over her head like a mourning veil, and the other was being used to dab her doleful little face, as she compassionately continued to inquire of herself, in a woeful voice, “Why you crying?” (written by Grace)
The little darlin' - like I said
Tea anyone?
I'll take some, thanks
Why waste time with this tiny bit of tea in this tiny teapot!
Messy Fingers
Sticky fingers ' tangled hair
Scattered crayons, everywhere.
Fancy artwork ' on the wall '
drawn by midgets ' three feet tall.
Dirty faces, grass-stained knees,
learning words ' like pretty please.
Endless hugs & goofy wet kisses,
learning respect with 'Mr.' & 'Mrs.'
Scraped-up hands, from falling down.
Tender tugs - - on my night gown.
Messy fingers ' hair gone wild '
all in the life ' of a precious child !!
Debra S. Higginbotham

10 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

Happy Birthday, Emma Jane! We love you VERY much and hope you had a great day!
Those stories were too precious! She is such a character.
I loved the picture of her with the little daisies in her hair.
She is a precious gift from God :)

Love you all!
Aunt Molly

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday, little E.J. Discher! What a sweet post! Yes, she is a little darlin' that never lacks for attention -- she is much loved. What a little character she is! I love it when she tells me stories of Tiny, her white horsie. The details never change, so I am sure Tiny is very real to her.

What a sweetie! We love you, Emma!

Love,
Grandmother and Granddaddy

Jason and Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you. She looks precious with that little pose in the first picture. We love you and miss you!

Love,
Aunt Ashley

Pollock Family said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest little grown-up girl I know. I could sit and listen to her talk for hours, really!! I think she is adorable :)

Love you lots,
Mrs. Powuck

The Miller Family said...

Happy Birthday, Meema, as Samuel calls her!

The picture at the beginning is just precious, so is the one of her emptying the tea pot!

We love you, Emma!

The Millers

Kelly said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!

Kelly :o)

Berean Families United said...

Happy Birthday, Emma!! You are much to precious!!
Love, the Graves

The Dischers said...

Emma says, "Thank you!" She just glowed when we told her that another person had wished her Happy Birthday!

Love,
--her mama

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! That was a great poem by Mrs. Higginbotham, too.

Elisabeth

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear about your new business, you have started. :) (Hint. Hint._

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! That was a great poem by Mrs. Higginbotham, too.

Elisabeth

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear about your new business, you have started. :) (Hint. Hint._

Country Cousins CDs available here!

Country Cousins CDs available here!
Free shipping

Our Stats


View My Stats

OUR AMAZON PICKS! SHOP THROUGH OUR LINK!